Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Pregnancy Thus Far

So since I am half way done with my pregnancy,I thought I might journal how its been going.

Morning Sickness: I have been one of the lucky ones this pregnancy...I was only sick for maybe 3 weeks (weeks 8-10) and I didn't even really throw up. I just felt nauseous at night and ALL food sounded gross to me. Actually, ALL food sounded gross for about the first 3 months. I actually lost weight instead of gaining.

Fatigue: I haven't had too much fatigue until lately and thats partly because I have been sick and for the past couple months I have been working two jobs.I actually have felt better through pregnancy than I have the past couple years. Weird, I know.

Moodiness: I think I have been pretty good over the past 5 months I have been prego. I am sure that Jesse will tell you differently but I don't think it has been too bad. Random things tend to bug me more easily and I can cry at anything, I mean ANYTHING. ie: songs, tv shows, movies, books, commercials, magazines, EVERYTHING!

Food Cravings: The only constant craving has been ice, SONIC ICE, that is. I eat it all day/night long. (Jesse hates it b/c he constantly has to listen to me "chomp") I also seem to like meats and cheese ALOT more. All my other cravings only last for a couple weeks and then I want something new. Those have included: hot & sour soup, Paradise Bakery cesar salad, pizza, flavor blasted goldfish, sparkeling cider.

Food Aversions: Mexican food, cake, candy and for some reason I really don't like water but I force myself to drink it.

Other Symptoms: The only other things I have really noticed are I get horrible headaches on and off and I pee 47230487230742038 times a day. Sorry if thats TMI but I can't help it. Its actually gotten to the point where I get mad cuz I always have to go. Too bad I still have 20 weeks left of that :-(

Showing/Not Showing: So according to everyone I DON'T look pregnant, at least I haven't the past 20 weeks. Everyone looks at me like I am crazy when I tell them I am pregnant and how far along I am. I get the "You're so lucky" blah blah blah but because I'm not showing is still doesn't seem real. I think I have started to show more this week, so we will see what happens. No maternity clothes just yet!

I think the coolest thing that has happened lately is I can feel the baby move, mostly at night. I think the best way to describe it is like "popcorn popping". I haven't felt any distinct kicks or jabs yet...hopefully that happens soon so Jesse can feel too. Sometimes I think I am just making it up in my head but its been 3 weeks of that now so I am pretty sure its the baby! So I am excited to see what the next 20 weeks will be like. I can't believe it has gone by so fast. We still have so much to do!!!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

20 more weeks to go! I agree about the peeing, it's the worst! Jared was just telling Sam at dinner tonight how he hears me run into doors and trip in the middle of the night on my way to my thrown. They think it is funny.

August and Melissa said...

Everything you have said it sounds alot like how my pregnancy is going. Pretty well. I'm so happy for you!

Sunderhaus Family said...

Popcorn popping is a great description. Its like a really random heartbeat that isnt yours!