Saturday, January 23, 2010

A GLIMPSE INTO THE NURSERY


This is basically what the bedding we are going to have made will look like(oviously minus the name Sawyer embroidered on it) We might switch the plain white minky on the ends to another coordinating black/white print fabric. Not shown in the picture, is the cute pillow and blanket that go in the crib. We are also going to do a window treatment and pillow/blanket to sit on the rocker.

This picture shows the changing table and hutch that we just ordered today.

This is the crib we ordered but obviously we got it in the matching black! The furniture should arrive the end of March!!! I can't believe I have to wait that long to really be able to do stuff in the room. Ahh! The only thing left to order now is the rocker/recliner.I haven't decided which I think I would like more... a rocker/glider or a recliner???

As for other decorating ideas.... We already got cute block letters to spell out his name on one of the walls. I think I am just going to paint them black. We got a cute chandelier (thanks to Jesse's parents) for Christmas that I want to hang in a corner above the rocker/recliner. I don't think we are going to paint in this house... even though I really want to. It would just be a waste of time and money since we will be moving soon but we'll see what REALLY ends up happening as we start getting the room together. Thats about all I have in my head right now. As soon as we get the furniture set up and the bedding in place it will be easier for me to decorate the rest of the room. I am so excited to be able to start doing all of this... it just sucks I still kinda have to wait until the furniture arrives and the bedding is made. At least we still have a MILLION other things we need to be doing and buying to keep us busy!!!

4 comments:

Sunderhaus Family said...

Ooh, I have to say that I have both, and with a new baby I would recommend a glider or rocker that reclines. One that reclines really really far back is Awesome for those nights when baby just needs to be close and mommy needs some sleep. They can be hard to find, and I was lucky enough to get one from someone else. But seriously...priceless to be able to lay almost completely down.

Beth said...

How cute!! I love it. I have to agree. I have a rocker/glider and I always wanted to find a rocker/glider that reclined. I could never fall asleep sitting up and wanted to just reach down to recline all the nights I had to get up what seemed like a million times to feed. The problem is finding one that is cute....and doesn't look like the grandma and grandpa lazyboy ones...no offense...those have all the goods, but they look a little 80ish. Anyway!! Love the bedding.

August and Melissa said...

I love it all!!! SO cute!

EMILY said...

cute!!! I love it...does he have a name yet?