Monday, March 29, 2010

BABY SHOWER & B UPDATE


This is the diaper cake I made for the shower. I love making them. They are so much fun and a cute center piece.


Here is a pic of the food table... we had soooo much yummy food. Too bad I didn't get to eat any of it!


This is me opening presents. We got SOOOO much cute stuff! .


Here is a pic of just some of the guests who came.


Just some of the decorations we had up.


This is the hooded towel that Auntie Beth(my sis in law) made for Braxton! Is is so cute! I love it! I can't wait to have him use it!

So the baby shower was a great success, despite the fact that I had to move up the date and plan everything for it right away. Everything turned out perfectly though and just the way I had imagined, except for the fact Braxton was already here. He must take after his Mommy. I actually got to attend my baby shower since I was born a month early!. We got so much stuff for B, we almost have everything we need now already here! We are still waiting for the furniture to arrive and for the bedding to be finished. Then we can finally put his room all together and get ready for when he comes home! I was kinda sad that I didn't get to do the game when you have people guess his birth date and weight/height. So we decided to have people guess the date and weight when he comes home! So if you want in on this, just post a comment with your guess! Anyways, So thanks to everyone that came and especially to those that helped get everything ready! It was so much fun catching up with all our friends and family we don't get to see all the time.


BRAXTON UPDATE:
1. As of today, he weighs 4 Lbs. 5 Oz. and is 17 1/2 inches long! He keeps getting bigger and bigger by the day!
2. When we had the meeting with his whole team, the Dr said that he will probably get to go him in 4 weeks. She also said that she has no serious concerns about him.
3.Last Saturday, they took him of the CPAP and put him on nasal prongs ( like what old people wear.) His oxygen level is at 25% and they are slowly weening him down to 21% (what we breathe).
4.They started feeding him by bottle. He can only eat about 10-15 cc by bottle then they have to tube feed him the rest. But it is so amazing how well he is doing with it. The amt he takes by bottle keeps going up. I actually got to feed him twice! BEST day ever!
5.He gets to wear little outfits now! He looks so cute in them.
6.He pooped while I was changing his diaper, TWICE! I started to gag the first time it happened. At least I haven't gotten peed on yet!
7 He's looking better and better each day! I think because he is filling out more and more. All I know for sure though, is he looks just like his daddy!

No comments: