Sunday, March 14, 2010

1 Week Old and Some BIG Milestones




So I will make this quick since we have been posting so much. I can't believe that Braxton is 1 week old already. Wow, does time fly. When we showed up to the hospital today, the nurse told us that Braxton was a bad boy and pulled out his breathing tube again :-(... but then went on to say that the decided to not put it back in. I couldn't believe it. They switched him to the c-pap instead. So NO MORE ventalator. Just oxygen being given to him through his nose. (like shown in the picture) She also informed us that they removed his UAC (the line that measured his blood pressure through his bellybutton). This meant that we could actually hold him sometime soon. I was so excited... and so excited that he was doing so well. I couldn't believe how much he improved in one night!

I, too, hit some milestones of my own. I changed his diaper (by myself) for the VERY first time today. I have to admit, I was a little nervous. I kept asking the nurse if I was doing it right. She probably thought I was retarded. I also got to feed him, well it was my milk and I got to give it to him through his feeding tube, so technically I was feeding him. Then the BEST thing of all, I GOT TO HOLD HIM FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME(since the hospital). It was amazing... It was the best feeling in the world. It felt completely right. I seriously never knew that I could love someone so much. I didn't want to put him down. It kills me everytime we have to leave the hospital and say goodbye and today was even harder... he began to cry when I put him back in the incubator. Luckily, he had his pacifier. Yep,thats right. He already has a binkie... its so small. Its crazy that he already knows how to suck on it and the nurses say he loves it. I can't believe all that happened today. Wow, so much to take in!

2 comments:

Ben N Nessa said...

I LOVE your updates and the milestones! How awesome is it that you can feed him your milk...especially designed for him :) You are a wonderful mom already.

Tiffany said...

GREAT day! Sooooo happy for you! I love you