Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Time



So this Christmas Eve we went over to my parents house for our annual Christmas Eve traditions. We always have the whole family there ( and this year the Dickson's and all the cousins were there too) and we read from the scriptures about the birth of Christ. The kids dress up and act out the nativity story as we read it. (and some adults get forced to be in it as well.. ) Now this is always put on with no rehersal so its a little interesting to see how it turns out. This year's nativity seemed to have a biker wiseman, a mexican wiseman, actually I think there were 4 wiseman this year and it looks like Joseph was tad bit too old for Mary!!! But it turned out just wonderful, and its nice to be reminded of the true meaning of Christmas. To end the night we always have hot chocolate and krispy kremes. Mmmm... Yes, we are also one of those families that get to open one special present every Christmas Eve...can you guess what it is?? Pajamas... even baby got his first pair!! So cute! It was so much fun getting to spend time with all our cousins especially the ones who live in other states!!!

Christmas morning is spent at my parents house. We always open presents with all the family and then have a big brunch. Its so much fun getting to see all the little kids open their presents! This year I got Jesse tickets to the Suns/Cavs game (we went the Monday before Christmas) and Jesse got me the diaper bag I wanted! A super cute Petunia Picklebottom bag... yes, that means I have 2 diaper bags already!! What can I say, a girl likes her bags! Our big present from my parents was video camera so we can capture every little moment of our little one!!! After brunch, we headed down to Maricopa to spend the rest of the day with the Rucker Family! We got to spend time visiting and playing Wii. ( I, of course, watch while they played!!!) Jesse's parents suprised us (well me cuz Jesse knew) by getting us the chandelier for the baby's room. I was so excited. We both can't wait to start decorating the nursery now!!! I can't believe that next year at Christmas we will have a little baby boy to celebrate it with us! Its so crazy to think about!

So its official... I'm getting old. I can't believe I am 25, seriously, these years are going by so fast!!! My birthday was kind of a 2 day event... I got a mani/pedi with my mom on Saturday then Jesse and I went to dinner at Baci, a REALLY good italian restaraunt in Queen Creek. Sunday we had both families, the Greenwald's and the Ruckers, over to my parents for a big birthday dinner! I couldn't have asked for a better birthday!!!

Oh, and this is me at 19 weeks pregnant. I actually have a baby bump now...its small but its there! I was beginning to wonder if there really was a little guy in there or if I just made it up. I can't believe I am almost half way done. Its feels like yesterday that I just found out.

Well we hope that everyone had a Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year!!!

2 comments:

Ben N Nessa said...

Mallory! Are you sure you're prego?!?! You are tiny! SOOOO excited for your little boy to come!

The Greenwald Family said...

Fummy how we are not part of any of those celebrations! JK