Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Proposal Story!!!

Well so this is the story of how the proposal went down in Newport Beach, CA. Cause it definately did not go as planned but was still the happiest day of our lives.

So it was around 11:30 at night monday night and were downstairs watching tv with her best friend Michelle and her husband Pete. I asked Michelle if her and Pete would help with the setting up with laying the red and white candles in the big shape of a heart and spreading flower pedals all around it. The planned area was out on the beach under a lifeguard tower. So Mallory wants to go upstairs and go to bed so I try my best to keep her up by watching a little tv upstairs thinking it would only take about 15-20 minutes for them to set it up. But Michelle sends a message to me about 10 minutes after we went upstairs (but my phone was on silent so I didn't get it) that says, we can't get the candles to stay lit because the wind in blowing too hard so what should we do. Haha, and I didn't get this so being me and with Mallory being so impatient, after being upstairs for about 25 minutes I finally say lets just go on a little walk before we go to bed. So we go outside and I'm thinking something has to be set up by now and if they're both out there when I ask her that's ok, because they did help me with the whole thing but as we're walking out we get down the stairs and right there is Michelle. She has the most shocked look on her face and all she asks is, where are you going? Because she knows nothing is set up yet and I hadn't responded to the message I got on my phone because it was on silent. So I just responded by saying we're going for a little walk. So I just figured I would propose with whatever is set up out there. But as we get right to the beach I feel the wind and wonder if anything is set up. So while were walking down there I see nothing so I just figured I would do it in the dark cause the case lights up when it's opened. Right when were about to get there around 12:15 in the morning on what is now Tuesday, technically being my birthday, another couple just happens to be walking on the beach and just happens to sit right under the tower. So nothing is going how I planned as of now so we just go walk down by the water for a bit then head back up. As we're going upstairs I notice Michelle downstairs still up so I told Mallory to just go head and go upstairs and get ready for bed while I was gonna try to figure something out with Michelle real quick but she wasn't to happy about that. So she storms up the stairs and slams the door angry at me (but I'm not upset because I'm trying to plan something very special for her). Right away she sends me a message saying I was planning on staying up with you a little longer but i guess not and happy birthday by the way. So then a few minutes later I get this message from her saying, "do you not want to marry me anymore? is that what the problem is and why you're in this mood?" Not thinking the first thing I respond to her is a message saying "no I'm sorry". But what I was implying was I'm sorry for being a jerk casue I know Mallory was thinking that I was being a jerk to her so I later made that clear. So after all that we figure out to just set everything up inside as you see in the pictures below and to just ask her inside. So we get everything set up and I then call her and ask her if she would please come downstairs so that we could talk. But she argues with me refusing to come down because she's mad at me and we go back and forth talking and trying to get her to come down but no luck. So then Michelle goes upstairs and brings her down and right when she opens the door she could see the candle light flickering off the walls and says out loud, I'm so sorry I'm so sorry! So she comes around the corner and sees me kneeling and then I ask her. So that's the story on how we got engaged and even though it didn't come out as planned, it was still the greatest night of our lives!

No comments: