Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A Trip to the ER and then some...

So Sunday I began having HORRIBLE stomach pains, and I mean HORRIBLE. I couldn't stand, walk, move, lie down with out being in extreme pain this was then followed by vomitting and some other not fun stomach issues. After 7 hours, I finally called my dr who reseponded with "This is going to be a long night for you" He told me I should go to the OB triage and then head over to the ER. He had a suspiscion that something could be wrong with my gallbladder (Thanks to my Gastric Bypass and being pregnant) So I walked down stairs with my purse and a sweatshirt and told Jesse we would be heading to the hospital. As soon as I got there, they took me right back and got me all hooked up to the fetal monitors to make sure everything was ok with the baby and I wasn't having contractions. It took them like 10 min to find the heartbeat...Jesse started to get scared but I could tell the baby just kept moving ALL over the place and was being a little stinker. Luckily, everything looked fine with the baby so they wheeled me over to the ER.

So after tons of blood tests and ultrasounds, they concluded my gallbladder, pancreas and liver looked good but my white count was up, my blood count was severly down, my blood pressure was really low and my heart rate was really high. I finally sent Jesse home after they told me they would be admitting me, he had been asleep on the floor in the ER. The poor guy had to wake up for school in a couple hours and go to work. So to make this story short...or semi short..I was in the hospital another 3(which I wasn't allowed to eat or drink until tues!!) days... having lots of blood tests done,antibiotics, and seeing a million different dr's and nurses. They sent me home wednesday not really knowing anything and said if it happens again come back. They couldn't really run the tests they wanted cuz of the baby. But it was still SO frustrating! I did feel somewhat better and my infection was gone. They gave me medicine for nausea and potassium(it got low) My ob/gyn now says I might have to see a high risk pregnancy dr because my anemia is SO severe (thanks gastric bypass!) The only good thing one of the drs who had been overlooking me is a bariatric surgeon and chief of surgery. He wants me to continue seeing him so he can monitor my gastric bypass and all my levels that do with that (something I haven't had done in the past 7 years since my dr "retired" right after my surgery)

Anyways I am so glad to be out and SOOOOO glad that nothing was wrong with the baby. Thanks to everyone who kept me in the prayers and visted me at the hospital. I really really appreciate it! I especially want to thank Jesse for everything he does for me, especially this past week. He is the best husband anyone could ask for.

1 comment:

Sunderhaus Family said...

I am SO glad that you are okay! How scary is that! I am so relieved that the baby us okay and that they did find the heart beat! That is so scary. I have another OB appt Monday and everything feels just that much better every time I hear that fluttering heartbeat!
R