Sunday, January 18, 2009

JUST ANOTHER WEEKEND....

So today was an interesting day, we both got up super early and dragged ourselves out of bed to drive all the way to Prescott to see Mikayla perform in the State Cheerleading Competition. So the drive up there... I fell asleep like usual and woke up to find Jesse pulled over on the side of the road. I first thought something happened to the car, then I realized he got pulled over. Oops! Going 12 over... talk to Jesse and he will justify it. Good thing I wasn't driving like we planned, my license would have been gone for a 1 YEAR!

So while I and the rest of Jesse's family watched the rest of the squads Jesse played on his phone and occasionally looked up to make fun of the cheerleaders. (Typical guy!) Mikayla's squad did great... seriously so much better than the rest of the squads. Better stunts, better dance, better transitions... all over better! Although, it was still kind of a shock they took first. SO CONGRATS TO MIKAYLA ON WINNING STATE!!! We are so proud of you!!! The funniest part is that when they announced the runner up they said it kind of weird so you kinda didn't know who was second and who was first so it took the girls of Maricopa Cheer to catch on that one, classic... but when they did, I hadn't seen a more excited squad to win!

Luckily the drive home, Jesse didn't get pulled over... at least I don't think. I was asleep again! We stopped and got PF Changs (My fav) and scored a free dessert. Hung out with my parents and nephews and then came home to relax. (And find that the dogs had gotten into the magazines and ate them!) Well its almost 2 in the morning, so I better get to bed!

Note: the entire time I was writing this, Maya kept jumping from the couch to the ottoman over and over. Sometimes I wonder if these dogs aren't all there! :-)

No comments: